The table saw is one of the most versatile tools in any woodworker’s shop, but it can also be dangerous. The blade on a table saw cuts with such force that even minor contact with your finger or hand has the potential to cause severe injury. A featherboard helps to reduce this risk by acting as an additional fence beyond what is offered by the miter gauge slot. Moreover, it provides push down against both sides of the board being cut for added stability.
This makes it essential to have some featherboard installed on your table saw fence at all times. There are many different types of feather boards in all shapes and sizes, so we have narrowed down the list of the best and high quality six feather boards.
6 best featherboard for the table saw
|SWMIUSK True-Flex Featherboard Saftly Table Saw Push Block||Best durable featherboard for table saw|
|Kreg PRS3020 True-FLEX Featherboard||Best overall featherboard for table saw|
|Premium Hedgehog Spiral Featherboard for Quicker, Easier, and Safer Workflow||Best safe features featherboard for table saw|
|Milescraft 1407 D/TFeatherBoard Dual or Tandem FeatherBoards||Best dual or tandem featherboard for table saw|
|BI-DTOOL Featherboards, Adjustable Woodworking Safety Device Feather||Best adjustable featherboard for table saw|
|Milescraft 1406 FeatherBoard for Router Tables, Table Saws, and Fences||Best brand featherboard for table saw|
6 best and most important featherboard for the table saw comparison chart-
|Product name||Material||Safety features|
|SWMIUSK True-Flex Featherboard Saftly Table Saw Push Block||durable plastic composite body||Yes|
|Kreg PRS3020 True-FLEX Featherboard-||Plastic||Yes|
|Premium Hedgehog Spiral Featherboard||Durable, high-impact DuPont nylon.||Yes|
|Milescraft 1407 D/TFeatherBoard Dual or Tandem FeatherBoards||Hard Plastic||Yes|
|BI-DTOOL Featherboards, Adjustable Woodworking Safety Device Feather-||Plastic Body||Yes|
|Milescraft 1406 FeatherBoard for Router Tables, Table Saws and Fences||Plastic Body||Yes|
What are the main features of a featherboard?
Featherboard: Uses and Advantages
A featherboard is an essential tool for cutting boards on a table saw. It is usually made of wood or plastic and attaches to the front of the blade to help keep it from jumping out of the cut. A featherboard can also be used as a sacrificial fence in some cases. However, the most common usage is when making long rip cuts on plywood sheets that are too wide for one pass with the blade.
There are many advantages to using this tool, including:
- Preventing kickback
- Reducing sawdust
- Cutting faster and more efficiently
- Protecting the operator’s hands from getting too close to the blade.
- It can be hard to use when cutting small pieces (since you need room in front of the blade)
- Keeping boards level during cuts
- Reducing chipping and tearing on edges
In addition, some people find that using a feather board helps them control their board better than if they were just ripping it by hand. This is especially true for inexperienced woodworkers trying to learn how to make long rip cuts on sheets of plywood without damaging their table saw blades or other parts. The safest way still, though, is always wearing safety goggles while operating any power tool!
SWMIUSK True-Flex Featherboard is quick and easy to add to your table saw fence. The featherboard attaches in seconds to any standard miter gauge or t-slot. It’s made from rigid plastic composite with an adjustable clamping screw that allows for fast and accurate positioning of the featherboard on the fence. Furthermore, it doesn’t give you the ability to make precise cuts and, most importantly, keep your fingers safe from getting cut off by the blade.
The featherboard for the table saw was manufactured by SWMIUSK. The part number is SWMIUSK, and the weight is 1.34 pounds. The package dimensions are 8.78 x 6.81 x 1.5 inches, and the color is red with materials such as plastic
EASY TO USE :
- SWMIUSK featherboard is a must-have for any woodworker.
- You can easily install it on the table saw, router table, miter saw, and other power tools with T-slot.
- The design of the featherboard makes it easy to adjust the height and set the desired pressure.
- This featherboard is designed to be used with any table saw.
SAFETY AND EFFICIENCY
- Featherboards are designed to help you achieve safer cuts by preventing the workpiece from moving across the blade or bit during cutting operations.
- It’s easy to use and secure for anyone, even a beginner!
WIDELY APPLICABLE SIZE
- This featherboard is suitable for 3/4″ + 3/8″ size rails (T slot).
- You can use it on most of your power tools: table saw, router table, miter saw, etc.
- It’s made of plastic, lightweight but sturdy enough to hold down even heavy stock without a problem!
- They stand behind our product 100%.
- If you aren’t delighted with the product, they offer a 100% money-back guarantee.
Why do we like it?
We recommend the SWMIUSK Featherboard for Table Saw. It is made of durable plastic and weighs only one pound, making it a great tool to keep around since it won’t take up too much space in your workshop. In addition to that, this featherboard has positive reviews on Amazon.
- Easy to install and use
- It has two modes (3/4″ + 3/8″
- Powerful hold
- Work with the metal blade only
The Kreg PRS3020 True-FLEX Featherboard is an excellent accessory for your workbench. It can be quickly and easily connected to your table saw or router table fence. This featherboard will help you make accurate cuts, as well as protect the wall from damage.
The Kreg PRS3020 True-FLEX Featherboard is easy to use; no screws, clamps, or other fasteners are required! Simply place the feather board on top of the fence so that it covers the entire length.
Kreg manufactures the PRS3020 featherboard for table saws. The plastic, blue feather board, is lightweight, with 9-inches long by 3-inches wide and 7.5 inches tall. It does not require any assembly before use on your tool but should be attached to the right side of the work surface.
- The Featherboard was designed using state-of-the-art engineering.
- Other feather boards on the market either apply too much pressure or not enough, both of which may lead to imperfect cuts and unsafe operations.
- The True-FLEX Featherboard is made from durable plastic and does not require any additional hardware.
- The Wedge-Lock System, which secures the featherboard to a variety of different tools, helps improve consistency and durability.
WIDELY APPLICABLE SIZE
- The wedge-lock hardware in this featherboard kit gives it the ability to work with both slot types.
- This makes easy installation and allows for easy removal when necessary.
- The FeatherBoard is designed to be attached on one side of the blade; which means that you can protect against kickback without any drilling or cutting into your saw’s
- Standard use of miter slot 3/8″ x 3/4″
Why do we like it?
The Featherboard is a push block used for safety on any miter saw. Push blocks can be uncomfortable to use because your hand pushes against it the whole time. The Kreg PRS3020 Featherboard solves this problem by providing support for both of your hands, putting less tension on them, and making the process more comfortable.
- Work with almost all tables
- Easy to use
- We haven’t found any
The Premium Hedgehog Spiral Featherboard is a must-have for any woodworker. This Featherboard is the best featherboard on the market for beginners. It’s made of high-quality material and is easy to use. This featherboard will improve your accuracy and precision in making cuts while at the same time saving you time.
The Premium Hedgehog Spiral Featherboard is a must-have for table saws, router tables, band saws, and more. Use it for all types of woodworking projects, including furniture making, cabinetry, flooring, etc.
The Premium Hedgehog Spiral Featherboard has a unique design that allows you to adjust the feather board with one knob quickly. You will be able to make precision cuts and get accurate measurements every time. The Premium Hedgehog Spiral Featherboard will help you achieve a better quality of work and maximize your productivity.
Brex International LLC manufactures the product. The part number is HH-100, and it weighs 9.6 ounces. The dimensions are 9.5 x 6.5 x 1.75 inches, and the color is yellow with a material of nylon used for wood cutting purposes.
- The Hedgehog Spiral Featherboard is an innovative new featherboard that has been populating the market in recent months.
- The single knob design merges safety with convenience, and two patents bring the product to a whole new level.
- Aluminum miter clamps are 3/4 inches by 3/8 inches.
SAFETY AND EFFICIENCY
- This easy-to-use featherboard is perfect for the beginner craftsman in your life
- it enables them to work tension-free while staying safe.
QUICK PRODUCTION AND BEST FOR BEGINNER
- If you’re new to woodworking or just haven’t had much experience with featherboards, the Dual-Magnetic Featherboard is an excellent choice for your table saw.
- it more accessible for beginners to increase their productivity
Why do we like it?
We like this featherboard because of its lightweight features, and it is also easy to use. Moreover, the featherboard is perfect for band saws, router tables, and table saws. Furthermore, the featherboard is also easy to install.
- Best for table saws, router tables, band saws, and more
- Excellent for Beginners
- Easy installation
- High productivity
- Strong iron table best for use
The FeatherBoard for Router Tables and Table or Band Saws is a unique preload tension design that allows the user to control the downward pressure of the featherboard with an adjustable hand screw. The featherboard comes wih 4 bolts and dual miter bars. The both miter bars measurements are 3/4-Inch and 5/8-Inch.
This product can be used on tables depending on how many feather boards are needed. It is made of high-quality aluminum with steel. The T-slots you can use in almost all work tasks. These can be used on band saws and router table both.
The Milescraft brand is known for its high-quality tools. This yellow toolbox, which measures 9.6L” x 8.3W” x 2.3H”, weighs a whopping 1.6 pounds.
- The unique design of the feather board makes it easy to mount on any side of your saw.
- This means you can mount it on the left or right side of your saw, depending on which is more comfortable for you.
EASY TO MOVE
- Moving this feather board is a breeze with its lightweight aluminum construction and dual slide motion.
- The featherboard features a unique design that quickly allows the user to move it from one machine to another.
EASY TO ASSEMBLE
- The preload tension design allows you to set up this feather board in just minutes easily.
- It also includes easy assembly instructions, making it simple for all skill levels to put together.
- No tools are required for assembly, so you’ll be ready to cut wood in no time.
- Plus, the mounting hardware makes installation easy!
FOR TABLE AND ROUTER SAW:
- The Milescraft 1407 D/TFeatherBoard Dual or Tandem FeatherBoards is a featherboard designed for use in table saws and router tables.
DUAL SLIDE MOTION AND TANDEM SLIDE MOTION
- This featherboard can be used with both double slide motion and tandem slide motion machines.
- The dual slide motion is ideal for taller people, while the tandem slide motion works well for shorter individuals.
Why do we like it?
We like this panel because it fits across the top of your table saw. It’s designed to help you push those long, wide boards through without getting your hands in harm’s way. You can use this featherboard on any kind of wood, and it’s perfect for professionals who work with all types of materials because it makes their job safer.
- For shorter individuals
- Easier use
- Easy to install
- Feather material is a little stiff
The Extended Table Saw s the best featherboard on the market today! This featherboard has been designed to make your work safer and more efficient. It comes with a patented blade guard release system that will allow you to remove the guard safely and efficiently. The adjustable mounting brackets will enable you to set up this featherboard in just minutes; no tools required! You can use this featherboard on any table saw, band saw, or radial arm saw.
The manufacturer of the featherboard is JING-HAI. It weighs 1.86 pounds. Its dimensions, when expanded, are 10.43 inches by 8.39 inches by 2.76 inches.
Featherboard by Saw Blade: Thickness 0.24″ Width 6.5″. The package includes two feather boards, four slide blocks, six gaskets, four locking nuts, 12 screws.
WIDELY ADJUSTMENT RANGE
- This feather board is designed to fit all table saws, bandsaws, miter saw, router tables, and miter saws.
- Adjustable from 6.3″.
- it’s easy to use
- There is use of high-tech polymer material in construction, which is durable and sturdy.
- It will not break or crack like wood or plastic when you drop them on the floor or strike them against other objects in your shop.
- They are also lightweight so that they won’t add too much weight to your toolbox!
- These feather boards feature an angled design that keeps the blade away from your hands while providing steady pressure on the wood piece you’re cutting for cleaner cuts without kickback!
- It also prevents blinding yourself with flying debris and bent blades due to excessive force when using conventional feather boards that apply equal pressure.
- The featherboard attaches to your table saw fence with wedge lock hardware,
- It is adjustable for various distances between the blade and fence.
EASY TO INSTAll
- Easy to install for woodworking
- Featherboard for table saw includes an ergonomic knob with a miter gauge slot to be able to set up the feather either at an angle or parallel.
- It also has compatibility with any other woodworking accessories you have.
Why do we like it?
The BI-DTOOL featherboard we like because it is designed to help you make accurate cuts. Its unique angled fingers provide steady pressure and hold the wood piece tightly. You can also set up a preload tension system by adjusting the screw on the bottom of the board. For precise cuts, it offers high pressure and consistent tension.
- Work with all kinds of table saw
- Affordable price
- High durable
- High safety care
- It is not magnetic
The Milescraft 1406 FeatherBoard is the perfect accessory for your miter saw. This feather board provides consistent and high pressure to help you make accurate cuts every time. The perfect split rail design allows the board to fit all standard miter slots, while dual miter bars provide the most popular brands of compound miter saws. It offers a side-to-side movement and a slide motion makes it easy to follow a cut line. While forward action helps ensure that your workpiece stays firmly in place throughout the cut.
Product Dimensions is 8.9 x 10.5 x 2.85 inches. Size Medium and included Components 3/4″ Miter Bar, FeatherBoard, Bolts (2), 5/8″ Miter Bar, Knobs (2), and Instruction Manual
- The ergonomic knobs on the featherboard ensure that you don’t over-tighten it and provide a looser grip when you need to tighten it.
BEST FOR BEGINNER
- Best featherboard for beginner using
- You can mount this featherboard on just about everything, with a 3/4 and 5/8 flat miter bar to fit your standard saws.
- The t-slot offers quick installation, so it’s great for project tables as well.
- Featherboards are an essential safety tool for table saws,
- This featherboard offers a unique design to increase stability and reduce the chance of kickback.
- Split rail miter bar construction prevents slipping
- Ergonomic tension knobs allow the user to adjust pressure without fear of over-tightening and provide a non-slip grip.
- The FeatherBoard is an easy-to-install
- versatile fence for any saw blade control application.
Why do we like it?
We like it because the feather board is super easy to use and install for beginners. It is the best product if you are a beginner and want a perfect table saw. Moreover, the design prevents slipping. So you can make accurate cuts with the use of this featherboard.
- For beginners
- Easy to install
- Non-slip design
- We don’t find any con of the product.
A featherboard can be used with any type of saw, but they’re most commonly used on a table saw. Some essential factors will help you decide which one best suits your needs.
It is crucial to measure the size of your featherboard. You don’t want it too short or too tall, so make sure you measure the distance between the saw blade and fence before purchasing aboard. The longer this measurement (in inches), the more “give” there will be in terms of how deeply into its slot on the table saw’s fence that you can push it without the worry of grinding against either surface.
The board’s weight will be a factor in how stable it is on your saw’s table. The heavier boards are excellent for large and heavy workpieces, but lighter ones may give you more flexibility if they’re too tall to fit under your blade guard or the material you want to cut isn’t very thick. Some featherboards have pre-drilled holes that let them attach directly to the backside of any fence with screws – these can also help stabilize whichever type of featherboard you choose by preventing it from shifting during use on either vertical or horizontal cuts.
A fundamental decision comes down to whether we need an adjustable model versus just one specific length and width; this could make all the difference when you come across different types. So consider picking a board that is stable and lightweight so you can carry it easily.
Another essential factor to consider is the material of the featherboard. The material of the featherboard will make sure that the featherboard lasts for a long time and will not get damaged.
Another important thing is how much you are willing to spend on a featherboard. There are feather boards that range in price from $50 for a basic one to upwards of $100.Here you just need to see whether the featherboard can meet your work requirements or not. If yes, then pick the feather board without thinking so much about the budget.
What is a featherboard for a table saw?
A featherboard is a board with a plastic or metal surface fastened to the top. Carpenters use it to hold down wide pieces of wood while cutting them on table saws.
Furthermore, a featherboard is a jig for the table saw. It helps you make straighter cuts by keeping your wood from shifting, thereby reducing kickback and pinching. Moreover, a featherboard is used to keep the work against the fence. It keeps the material from moving as you are ripping or cross-cutting it.
Where do feather boards go on the table saw?
Featherboards go on the back of the saw blade. The best place for featherboards is on the side of your table saw. This ensures that you have a clear view of the blade without having to worry about the featherboard getting in the way. You can use it to prevent kickback, and they’re also useful for helping you rip a longboard.
How do you attach a featherboard to a table saw?
To attach a featherboard, first measure the height of the board. Next, cut a piece of wood to match that measurement and screw it onto your table saw’s fence. Then feed your stock through and adjust the featherboard, so it’s even with the table saw.
What is a dado cut?
A dado cut is a series of parallel cuts in the wood perpendicular to the others. They are very popular on furniture and cabinets because they provide extra storage space.
How do I make my table saw straight edge?
You can use a straight edge guide to make your table saw cut straight. To be accurate, you’ll need to clamp the guide down so that it doesn’t move. Make sure that the table saw is fastened to the workbench. Then, make a few passes with a pencil across the length of your table saw blade. Once you’re done, turn off your table saw and remove any pencil marks using sandpaper.
Featherboards are an indispensable part of any table saw that you could use to support the material and reduce slippage. They also help keep your fingers from getting pinched when cutting through a board, especially if you’re using a push stick or other type of guard.
So for your safety and accurate cuts, choose the best featherboard for table saw from our best recommendations to enjoy your work even more.